- Support legislation that reduces state regulatory barriers that impede the provision of health services in Western Riverside County.
- Support legislation that facilitates regional collaboration in addressing health and healthcare problems.
- Support legislation aimed at increasing institutions that offer training and residency opportunities for healthcare professionals in exchange for contractual services.
- Support legislative that fosters incentives for health care professionals to practice in underserved areas, including Western Riverside County.
- Support legislation aimed at increasing the number of hospital beds in the region.
- Support legislation that increases local government authority to oversee location of community care facilities and transportation options to the care facilities.
- Oppose legislation that could potentially establish unnecessary barriers to the creation and construction of healthcare facilities.
- Support legislation that supports continued financing of the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine to attract and retain healthcare professionals in the region.
- Support legislation that provides funding and other assistance for the development of a Youth Master Plan that contains plans and programs for children with special needs (i.e. parks, recreational needs, and housing opportunities for children with special needs).
- Support legislation that creates an information exchange, or information network, where residents can access available support services and data on specific issues.
- Support legislation that facilitates Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) streamlining for efficient hospital construction.
- Support legislation that promotes the development of walkable communities.
- Support legislation that coordinates health goals with economic development actions.
- Support legislation that seeks to improve the level of physical activity among adults and children.
- Support legislation that seeks to improve access to affordable, healthy foods.
Health outcomes strongly influence quality of life. Riverside County ranks 35th out of 58 ranked counties in the state for health factors influencing health outcomes, due to such issues as a lack of access to clinical care (e.g., health care facilities, insurance, and practitioners), social and economic conditions (e.g., income, education, jobs, and safety), and environmental quality (e.g., park access and air quality). WRCOG supports efforts to foster a natural, social, and economic environment conducive to health and empower the subregion to address existing challenges in a collaborative, sustainable manor.