Education plays a pivotal role in the future of Western Riverside County. WRCOG supports legislative efforts that encourage collaboration between jurisdictions and education leaders to facilitate educational opportunities in Western Riverside County. An educated workforce will attract a broader level of employers and increase the earning capabilities of residents. Expanding higher educational and skilled labor training opportunities available to residents in Western Riverside County is vital.
- Support legislation that will improve the quality of and access to education for all students.
- Support legislation that encourages public / private partnerships to increase the number of students who are college-ready, enroll and graduate from college, and who achieve degrees that are in demand in Western Riverside County.
- Support legislation that provides funding to retrain individuals to facilitate re-entrance in to the workforce.
- Support the development of curriculum geared towards preparing students for sustainable "green collar" and clean technology jobs.
- Support legislation that would allow for the joint use of high school facilities for post-secondary education to expand access and enrollment in college.
- Support legislation that facilitates access to Career Technical Education to fulfill growing need of skilled labor.
- Oppose legislation that redirects funding away from the K-12 and post-secondary education system in Western Riverside County.